Alpha 3 is seeking an electrical protection and controls engineer to support high voltage substation engineering projects through conceptual and detailed design. P&C engineers will analyze, evaluate, and create new designs and drawings and revise existing designs and drawings with guidance from senior engineering personnel, as needed. Engineers will work in an integrated project team environment and use their knowledge of components, arrangements, and standards to complete deliverables including one-lines, schematics, layouts, site plans, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and bills of material.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid work schedule. Three days per week (typically Tuesday-Thursday) are expected to be in the office and two days per week from home. Preferred office locations are in Hamilton, NJ, Wilmington, DE, or Elkridge, MD. Other locations may be available, depending on the candidate’s qualifications.
Required qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in electrical/electronics engineering or a closely related field
- A master’s degree in electrical power engineering or at least two years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of electrical substations including familiarity with the physical characteristics, access, connection, and support requirements for transformers, breakers, disconnects, buswork, and associated equipment
- Knowledge of electrical codes including NEC and NESC
- Familiarity with common protection requirements, protection schemes, and application of digital relays
- Knowledge of common substation configurations
- Adaptation to various client standards and procedures
- Knowledge of Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Ability to work on a team and on multiple projects
- Ability to understand and incorporate comments and feedback
- Personal time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Attention to detail and pride in work product quality
Salary will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the applicant. Available benefits include:
- Health/Dental/Vision (75% of premiums company-paid)
- 401(k) (5% company match)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 20 Paid-time-off days
Alpha 3 is an equal opportunity employer.